SEO Trends, Tips and Predictions for 2014
It is not a surprise that Google has strugled for a long time to improve the search of its engines.
Finally in the end of 2013 it has introduced HUMMINGBIRD . This whole new algorythm is not just an improvement by upgrading of the previus Panda and Penguin algorythms but it is a whole new search idea and method based on the concept of the semantic search.
In this respect you might ask yourself some simple questions in order to be up to date with the optimization of your website:
How to make my content more interesting to the users?
You have to take care about the content marketing of your website, how to make the information you present more interesting and easy to get by the users instead of trying to use spammy techniques in order go get a high rank for your website.
How Will SEO in 2014 Be Different From SEO in 2013?
You have to keep the idea that the search engines will get smarter and smarter and they will try to optimize the time of their users. This way the keyword optimization concept used by the SEO optimization methods so far has changed. From now on Google and the other search engines will value more the so called longtailed keyword concept where the single keywords used will not weigh as much as the good explanatory long keyword that matches best the content of your website.
Is social media more important to SEO in 2014 and from now on?
This trend has already started some years ago and has been developed in 2013 but now having a strong presence is becoming more and more reliable in driving traffic and building brand awareness.
Is being optimized for mobile devices an important part of the future SEO trends?
About one half of the emails opened are viewed on the mobile devices and thus there is belief that SEO and associated content optimized for the mobile platform that connects to other apps via open APIs will continue to be the biggest trend, and challenge, to marketers.
Will localization be taken into consideration by Google?
You have to be prepared that Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines might continue their trend of localizing their results – thus affecting in a way the national search. In addition: Natural language queries will be more important! Google will also want people to be able to “talk” with the search engine the same way they would talk with anyone else.
What are the 2014 SEO tips that will help having better Google rank of your website and a more optimized website as a whole?
- Identify the users main points regarding your website and build up your content around them.
- Use long-tailed instead of single keywords.
- Stay honest and generate high-quality content that will be useful for the users of your website
- Be an authority and learn how to distribute your content not just by filling up your website with information about your business for example.
- Earn attention and develop, support a good network for you and your business.
- Always keep in mind you have to consider the link building a priority in your SEO optimization plan. Not necessary many but good and high valued links will be an important point in your SEO optimization strategy. Also don’t forget that the building of the right links is a long and slow process that might take time and a lot of work and efforts
- Be focused on quality – don’t produce duplicate content, make sure your “in-linking” helps users and search engines find their way around your site, identify sources of insight from within and beyond your site to guide the content you create, curate and retain.
- Ensure your content is accessible and optimized for mobile searchers, who Kaufman says are already reaching 50 percent of search traffic.
Do I need a separate website for the mobile and the desktop users?
No, you don’t have to build up two or more websites trying to meet the needs of the different users. Instead a good SEO technique and trend for 2014 and further will be to build a single site for mobile and desktop users. Building up a responsive or liquid website that adapts to the device’s browser size is a good wed development decision with respect to SEO optimization as it is assumed to improve the user experience, increase visits, reduces bounce rates and results in better search engine result rankings, more return visits and more social shares.
Are HTML 5 and Schema.org relevant to SEO optimization?
Yes, the latest version, HTML 5, incorporates sets of HTML tags that help search engines understand structured data. These tags are cataloged and referenced from Schema.org. The structured data actually helps the search engines quickly and easily understand the different elements of a page, such as articles, events and local address information.
Do we need to optimize and consider SEO an important part of the life of our websites?
Definitely, yes. Although it is considered that the SEO tendencies for 2013 has completely died, they have freed their way to the new 2014 SEO Optimization trends, tips and predictions that value responsive design websites, the well developed content marketing strategy, social advertising engagement and long-tailed keywords presented in the best responsible way possible.
If you build up the content of your website giving the right answers to the questions above and follow the tiprs, predictions and trends for the 2014 SEO and you will most likely have a well-ranked website.
Author: Chief CEO Marketing HB Dream Mill Ltd.
Sideabr Widget Area
Sidebr widget area is empty
To edit this sidebar:
Go to admin Appearance -> Widgets and place widgets into "Sideabr Widget Area."